Summer School “Study Democracy in Ukraine” - call for participants
Study Democracy in Ukraine - summer school on NGO development.
When - August 1-5th, 2017 (other dates may be arranged for groups of 5 students and more)
Where - Lviv, Ukraine
- learn more about a large European country with focus on its political, economic, social life and culture;
- study first-hand experience of NGOs in a developing democracy;
- form networks for future cooperation;
- get a taste of Ukrainian culture and life of Ukrainian youth.
Participants will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the program.
- introduction to Ukraine: brief lectures on Ukrainian history, political situation, economy, society;
- discussions of successes and challenges of NGOs with leaders of local and national NGOs;
- top-of-the-field speakers and experts;
- site visits: observing NGO work in practice;
- case studies seminars;
- experience exchange networking events;
- rich cultural and recreation program, e.g. nighttime city tour, local candy-making workshop, opera visit etc
Early bird (register and pay the fee by June 1st, 2017) - 250 EUR
Regular registration (register and pay the fee by July 1st, 2017) - 350 EUR
Late registration - after July 1st, 2017 - 400 EUR Discounts can be arranged for groups of seven and more.
- A welcome package and all program materials;
- Lectures, panel discussions, workshop with a case study, study tour(s) to NGO(s);
- Accommodation (4 nights) in a newly build Collegium Residence with private shower, free wi-fi, surrounded by beautiful Stryskyi Park and within walking distance to the city center;
- Transfer from and to the airport/railway/bus station;
- All meals within the program;
- Cultural events and tours.
How to enroll: