The UCU Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) is announcing a competition for small grants in order to engage citizens in creating changes at local levels. Public activists dealing with local community development and looking for opportunities to implement their initiatives are welcomed to take part in the competition. The applicants must be members of the ILM alumni community . The term for projects implementation is from 3 to 6 months. The amount of the grant is up to 120 thousand UAH.
Projects to which preferences will be given:
- projects aimed at developing civic responsibility and activity in local communities;
- projects involving the local community to their implementation;
- projects that promote the formation of skills of community’s social cohesion;
- projects implemented/co-funded in partnership with representatives of local businesses, local development funds or government.
Criteria for project evaluation:
- a partnership of two or more NGOs whose members are representatives of the ILM alumni community;
- relevance of the problem to be addressed by the project;
- compliance with the purpose and priorities of the competition;
- project feasibility, preciseness and achievability of the results;
- distinction of the proposed solution to the problem;
- efficiency of resource use;
- availability of a community involvement plan;
- availability of a plan for informing the public about the stages of implementation and project results;
- project sustainability, possibility of continuing activities after the completion of the grant.
Requirements concerning the use of funds:
- Own contribution. A requirement for obtaining the grant is the organization's own contribution in the amount of no less than 10% of the grant size. This contribution must be confirmed and consist of community funds collected from local sources. These may be donations from individuals and legal entities, money from local budgets, contributions from local businesses.
- Salaries. Not more than 15% from the project amount is allowed.
- Please note! Grant funds cannot be used for political propaganda and terrorist activities, donations or creation of donation funds, giving grants to other organizations or individuals.
The applications sent after the specified deadline will not be considered.
The application form can be downloaded here.
This competition is part of a project implemented by the UCU Institute of Leadership and Management with the support of the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation.
 Members of the ILM alumni community are graduates of the long-term programs of the ILM (Management of nonprofit organizations program, Summer School of Leadership, Good Governance, Political Studies, CitizenLab: Responsible Citizenship Laboratory).